We are nearing the end of the The 2012 Kids’ ArtPrize Tour, but there is much more of ArtPrize you can experience. Send us your finds for kids and any language connections you came up with!
Here are picks from Stop #19 of the 2012 Kids’ ArtPrize Tour and the next phase of our ArtPrize for Kids: Language Connections Guide for 2012. Thanks again to our friends at grkids.com for the work done on creating the Tour and ENJOY!
#19: Barnes & Thornburg LLP
PNC Bank Building 171 Monroe Avenue NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Some overall questions for this stop:
- How are the exhibits at this stop alike?
- How are the exhibits at this stop different?
- How is this stop alike or different from the stops we’ve already visited?
- What other dragons have we seen?
- Norm is a green dragon because he is made from recycled materials. What other pieces have we seen that were made from recycled materials?
- What other metal sculptures have we seen?
- How would you describe Norm’s color?
- How many words can you come up with to describe Norm? Can you come up with one word for every letter of the alphabet?
- Would Norm fit in your bedroom? In the garage?
- Dragons are predators (hunters). Have we seen any animals that might be prey (food) for a dragon?
- Does he remind you of any stories you know?
Follow-up activities could include looking up information on dragons, recycling or metalworking; creating a list of names for the dragon other than Norm – can you think of one name for every letter of the alphabet?; writing a story about Norm meeting one of the other animals from an ArtPrize exhibit; reading books about dragons (they are frequent characters in folklore); describing this piece to someone who wasn’t there with you.
Next: JW Marriot Grand Rapids Hotel, Stop #20 on the 2012 Kids’ ArtPrize Tour