For Our DYStinctive Thinkers preparing for College:
Current scholarship deadline: February 15, 2013
The criteria for applying for the 2012-2013 award is the following:
- Must be a current high school, college bound senior who is actively applying to an accredited college or university for the fall 2013
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale (or equivalent).
- Must have a documented learning disability, a diagnosis of ADHD or ADD alone does not qualify.
- Must provide a letter of reference from a teacher, high school counselor, or principal of present high school on the enclosed form. The high school must be in the USA.
- The recipient must provide RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. proof of registration, and the student identification number to accepted college or university for the scholarship to be issued the fall semester of the same year that the award is presented.
Click here for FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
There is a short essay question as part of the application:
The RiSE website has many useful resources and suggestions for students with learning disabilities and accommodations in college, including information explaining the Common Application to College.